Mushroom patty ingredients:
1. 2 cups of finely chopped Bunashimeji mushrooms
2. 4 tablespoons of vegan mayo
3. 1 cup of tempura flour
4. 1/2 cup of shredded vegan cheese
5. 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion
6. 1/2 teaspoon of herbes de provence
7. A dash of freshly grated black pepper
8. 1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Shape into four 3/4 inch thick patties.
2. Put some olive oil on a large skillet, pan fry the patty on each side until crisp and lightly browned.
1. 1 ripe avocado
2. 1/4 teaspoon of salt
3. 1/2 tablespoon of lime or lemon juice
4. 2 tablespoons of minced red onion
5. 2 tablespoons of cilantro (leaves and tender stems), finely chopped
6. A dash of freshly grated black pepper
7. 1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes
1. Cut the avocado, remove the flesh with a spoon.
2. Mash it with a fork but don’t overdo it. The guacamole should be a little chunky.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Ultimate Vegan Burger Assembly:
1. Grilled bun
2. Mushroom patty
3. 1 slice of vegan cheese
4. 1 slice of tomato
5. A few lettuce leaves
6. Spread the guacamole on the top bun
7. Pair the delicious burger with some fries
8. Serve it to your guests and don’t tell them it’s vegan until they take the first bite
9. Be prepared to receive praise
10. Don’t blush
11. Some of your guests will say things like ‘I totally have no idea! I thought it was beef or something…’
12. Don’t blush
13. Say thank you
We recommend using Bunashimeji mushroom, also known as brown beech mushroom, from the brand Hokto Kinoko. It has a nutty, buttery flavour and a firm, crunchy texture − basically everything quality you need in a patty.
As for the vegan mayo, you can easily get it in most hypermarket where it’s eggless. For the vegan cheese, however, we got it from Ben’s Independent Grocer in Publika, Solaris Dutamas, KL. It’s a brand called Daiya and it’s a dairy and soy free swiss style cheese.
Remember to try this recipe and let us know how you like it. And don’t forget to share this recipe for the rest of the world know how delicious a vegan burger can be.